What to do in FreiburgIf you will have free time in Freiburg before or after the conference, you may be interested in one of these activities:
Hikes and Walks
- A hike or a walk through the Black Forest.
- A short hike over the Schlossberg in Freiburg to the forest restaurant in St. Ottilien (https://g.page/st-ottilien?share).
- A ride with the cable car to the mountain Schauinsland (https://www.schauinslandbahn.de/). From there you have a beautiful view of Freiburg and its surroundings.
- A walk through Freiburg's environmentally friendly district of Vauban.
- A walk around the Moosweiher in Freiburg with a subsequent refreshment in the Blumencafe (https://blumencafe.de/).
Getting around in Freiburg.
Littenweiler or Laßbergstrasse. The map shows the walk from Laßbergstrasse to the check-in site. The tram has several stops in the city, runs frequently and takes about 17 minutes.
Another possibility is a train (S-Bahn) from the Hauptbahnhof to the Littenweiler station. You can take either the S10 towards Villingen or the S11 towards Titisee. These trains stop next to the PH but run less frequently than the tram.